Josep "Pep" Guardiola Sala is a Spanish professional football coach and a former player who is currently the manager of Premier League club Manchester City. He is considered to be one of the most successful managers of all time having won the league titles from three different countries.
But soccer is not all there is to know about this former midfield maestro. Very few know about his life off the football pitch and today we bring you the very intriguing details regarding the personal life of this most formidable coach in the whole Europe; know what there is to know about his wife; their relationship and their children.
Pep Guardiola's Wife Christina Serra and Their Children
Guardiola married his longtime girlfriend, Christina Serra on May 29th, 2014.
SOURCE: Manchester Evening News
Though Christina Serra was born in Italy in 1973, she actually grew up surrounded by fashion and elegance thanks to her family’s popular clothes store in Spain.
It would also become the same place where she would meet her future husband Guardiola who at the time was modeling for Spanish designer Antonio Miro. Pep was just about an 18-year-old kid during the moment.
Also Read: Daniella Semaan Age - How Much Older is Cesc Fabregas's Wife? How Did The Couple Meet?
Pep sure met the love of his life when he was still a teenager, but it wasn’t until his 40s when he would finally go on to consolidate his relationship with Cristina Serra. May 29th, 2014 marked the date when Guardiola would tie the nuptial knots with his sweetheart choosing a small, low-key ceremony in Catalonia Spain to make their union.
Pep Guardiola along with his wife, Christina Serra and their three children, Maria, Màrius, and Valentina Guardiola.
SOURCE: The Sun
Pep was still the head manager in Germany with FC Bayern Munich in May 2014. He and Serra rather had a quiet wedding ceremony which was attended by close friends and family in the municipality of Matadepera, a town close to Barcelona. Together, they have been blessed with three children: Maria, Màrius, and Valentina Guardiola.
Recommended: How Did Bayern Munich Star Manuel Neuer Meet His Wife Nina Weiss? Learn The Intriguing Details Of Their Love Story!
Guardiola(s) are fond of a low key lifestyle and the now Manchester City skipper has always been protective of his wife who has been a constant support to him throughout his career.
Pep Guardiola's Most Difficult Time
Pep Guardiola family (wife and two daughters) were at the Ariana Grande concert during Manchester bombing, 2017.
SOURCE: Its Ken Barbie
In May 2017, Manchester City boss' wife and two daughters were at the Ariana Grande concert when it was hit by a bomber. Guardiola was left with several agonizing minutes of being unable to make contact.
Fortunately, his family was safe but the 47-year-old paid tribute to those who were not as lucky, with 23 killed and many more injured.
You May Also Like: Who Was Elton John Wife? How Long Was He Married? How Many Children Does He Share?
After the dust settled on the debacle, Guardiola said when the attack happened he was at home with his son, and his wife and daughters were there at the arena.
He added that Serra called him but the line broke immediately. She told him something happened and that they were running but didn't know what had happened and the line had all broken.
Quick Facts: Pep Guardiola
- Josep Guardiola Sala was born on 18 January 1971 (age 48) in Santpedor, Spain.
- As a manager, Guardiola holds the record for the most consecutive league wins in La Liga, Bundesliga, and Premier League.
- Guardiola was capped 47 times for the Spanish national team and also appeared at the 1994 FIFA World Cup, as well as at UEFA Euro 2000.
- After retiring as a player, Pep briefly coached Barcelona B, with whom he won a Tercera División title, and assumed control of the first-team in 2008.
- In his first season as the first team manager, Guardiola guided FC Barcelona to the treble of La Liga, Copa del Rey, and UEFA Champions League. In doing so, he became the youngest manager to win the aforementioned European competition.
- In 2011, Guardiola was named the FIFA World Coach of the Year.
- Under Guardiola's reign as a manager, Manchester City became the first team in EPL to attain the 100 League Points.
- Guardiola holds an estimated net worth of around $41.8 million.